Blue Grass Ultra-Transit Service (BUS)
Public transportation services are available from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Saturday services are available from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Route times may differ, as actual times may vary according to traffic conditions, weather conditions, and other factors.
Public Meetings for Coordinated Services and Public Input
In anticipation of FTA grant applications submitted to the KYTC in CY 2020 for FY 2021 funding, BGCAP Transit will be holding four public meetings on the following days, times, and locations:
Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 5:00 PM
The Capitol City Activity Center
202 Medical Heights Drive
Frankfort, KY 40601
Wednesday, January 22, 2020 1 at 10:30 AM
Scott County Public Library
104 South Bradford Lane
Georgetown, KY 40324
Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 3:30 PM
Jessamine County Senior Citizens Center
111 Hoover Drive
Nicholasville, KY 40356
Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 3:30 PM
The Boyle County Public Library
307 W. Broadway
Danville, KY 40422
Inclement Weather: BUS will operate on clear roads only. Service may be delayed.
Inclement Weather Policy
No Service: BUS will not provide transportation services.
BUS will make a decision regarding Inclement Weather Announcements by 6AM .
- If you schedule a trip and know that you cannot make it, please call a reservationist to cancel.
- If a client fails to call and cancel, they will be marked a no-show.
- Repeated no-shows will be turned in for evaluation and a decision will be made as to whether or not to continue to provide transportation services.
- Please call 1-800-456-6588 to cancel your transportation!
BUS Public Transportation
- GTranDifferent points around Georgetown (schedule)
- Dan TranDifferent points around Danville (schedule)
- Frankfort ConnectionFrom Frankfort to Lexington (call to schedule)
- NichTranDifferent points around Nicholasville (schedule)
- JessLexFrom Nicholasville to Lexington (schedule)
- Danville ConnectionFrom Danville to Lexington (call to schedule)
BUS operates in: Anderson, Boyle, Casey, Fayette, Franklin, Garrard, Jessamine, Lincoln, Mercer, Scott, Washington and Woodford Counties.
Full Explanation of Services:
- Rider's Rule of Conduct
- Fare Comparison
- Title VI Notice of Protections Against Discrimination English & Spanish
- Title VI Complaint Form
- Reasonable Accommodations/Modification Policy
- Reasonable Accommodations/Modification Request Form
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Policy Statement
- Kentucky Public Transit Association
Did you know?
- The cost of a ride is $1.75 PER mile, with a $5.00 minimum.
- With a BUS Pass, you can cut costs by 1/3. Instead of paying the flat rate of $1.75 per mile, the BUS Pass drops the rate to $1.00 per mile with a $5.00 minimum.
- These are sold in $20 denominations. Stop by Frankfort Central Office, Danville BUS Stop or simply ask your driver to buy your BUS Pass!
- All of our buses are lift equipped.
- Typically, there is NO charge for Eligible Medicaid Transportation!
Kentucky Relay Service/Disability Services
BUS makes an impact on the lives of persons in our area who are transportation dependent. To obtain any information in an alternative format (such as for sight impaired), call 1-800-456-6588.
Language Assistance is available at no cost.
The Kentucky relay service enables the hearing or speech impaired to call the BUS office to request service or information. To reach the Kentucky Relay Service, TDD users call 1-800-648-6056, voice users call 1-800-648-6057. Give the operator the BUS toll-free telephone number.